Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Clarksville shall meet in regular session at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 18, 2018. The meeting will be held in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 800 West Main Street, Clarksville, Texas. The matters to be discussed and acted upon are as follows:
1. Opening Ceremonies
Call to Order Mayor Ann Rushing
Pledge of Allegiance Chrissy Witmer
Invocation Heath Humphrey
2. City Vision Statement- Pat Smith
3. Roll Call
4. Citizens' presentation: Any citizen wishing to address the Council may do so after rising, giving name and address. The Council may not address any issues not listed on the Agenda, however it may receive information.
5. Review/approve Minutes of Regular meeting held Tuesday, November 20, 2018 and Special Meeting held December 4, 2018.
6. Review financials/approve payment of bills.
7. Review department reports / updates from Mayor.
8. Discuss and possible action to consider for approval of nominations to a new two-year term to serve on the Red River Appraisal District Review Board beginning January 1, 2019.
9. Discuss and possible action to adopt Resolution 2019-05 to re-appoint Bruce Johnson to the Red River Appraisal District Board of Directors.
10. Discuss and possible action to adopt Resolution from TX DOT for future bridge replacements.
11. Discuss and possible action to add Kathy Barber as PRIDE Representative to Central Business/Main Street Committee under Ord. #97-10-1018.
12. Discuss and possible action to clarify under which conditions a city owned vehicle can leave the city.
13. Discuss and possible action to lease purchase sewer machine from Patterson Equipment Company.
14. Discuss and possible action to approve advertising notice of accepting bids for fire engine.
15. City Manager / Council / Mayor Comments.
16. Convene into Executive Session Pursuant to the following designated sections of Texas Government Code Annotated, Subchapter 551, the Council will enter into executive session to discuss the following items: a) Section 551.074 [Personnel Matters to deliberate appointment, employment, and duties] regarding (i) Duties and role of City Manager, (ii) City Manager Interviews with potential candidates, and (iii) Hiring of a qualified candidate.
17. Reconvene into Regular Session and take any action necessary as a result of the Executive Session.